Back to School

Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to School ~ 2009


OH HAPPY DAY!!!!! The boys are back in school!!! Ahhhh, no more fighting on a daily basis - or at least for hours a day. :) I cannot believe how fast life has gone by. Mack is off to the 4th Grade. This is such a big year. He's in Ms. Vogensen's class. She's rumored to be a toughie, but she says she doesn't know how that rumor started. :) So far she seems great (but we're in week 3) - :) And today I learned that parents have a hard time transitioning to 4th grade as well. I kept some papers that I was supposed to return - oops! So poor Mack had to go to study hall the past two Fridays instead of Reward Recess - and it is probably my fault. SORRY MACK!

Cooper is heading off to 2nd Grade. He's a little more nervous to start school this year. He's not good with change. We got to his classroom and he knew many of the kids in his class, but he just sat at his desk and looked at everyone. THEN - Maddie Sanna walked in and he finally smiled and looked relaxed. Maddie's dad is in Mo's band - he's the drummer. So I think since Cooper has been around Maddie this summer, that put him at ease. I was relieved. Cooper has Mr. Liedstrand. All I hear is that he is great. He and the other male 2nd grade teacher gets together and makes music and art a bigger part of the curriculum than the other teachers. Apparently they are in a band together as well.

Next year, Molly will go to pre-school. I'll enjoy our time together for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment